Monday, September 21, 2009

Atlas Shrugged page 4




Here's page 4 of my Rand graphic sequence. I realize that only a few of my handful of readers enjoy or have even read Rand, but I will be posting these anyway. I am excited about doing sequential art that is not tied to the European style that I have been using in the Noantri illustrations. I also like the idea of illustrating "Atlas Shrugged" even though due to severe copyright restrictions I will not be able to publish it. I'm looking forward to illustrating the industrial scenery, the railroads, and the characters who are involved with them. Ayn Rand's characters are usually considered "cardboard" or "one-dimensional" but with the adaptation of the text and pairing it with illustrations, I think I can bring these figures to life. Whether anyone wants them to be alive, is another question. I don't think John Galt would make a pleasant companion. He would always be going on about something. You want to tell him, "Shut up, capitalist messiah, and drink this beer." Maybe in my illustrations he'll get to drink it.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

You have mentioned more than once that due to copyright things you won't be able to publish this. Have you contacted the people who hold the copyright to Atlas? If you send them what you have done (or do so once you have alot more) who knows, they may decided to do the graphic novel version and give permission.