Wednesday, November 14, 2018

868 Winery


Some wineries have numbers instead of names. "868" is one of them. This lavish spread in the countryside has historic and new-built edifices as well as acres of vineyards and a restaurant. I did the original art outdoors in worsening weather and by the time I had finished the sketch, it had started to rain. With this "Under Vine" page I decided to portray the inclement weather as well as their landscaping, with colors darkened on a gray day. I didn't get to eat in the restaurant, though. Maybe next time on a drier day. All of these wine establishments are an hour or more's drive from my residence so the logistics of wining and on-site drawing are sometimes quite difficult.

I think I'm doing quite well turning out these page designs but still I won't have the book till early 2019.

Photoshop composite, many image layers, 8 1/2" x 11", November 2018.

No comments: