Tuesday, December 4, 2018

20 Years Ago Setting up the Christmas Trees


Continuing my retrospective for November-December 1998 here is my action portrait of men putting up a tree sales display. It is one of my favorite drawings as the humans are drawn in natural poses and the wood beams make a nice pattern. My journal text says that that day was unusually warm so the men could work without heavy clothing. The darker rectangle is the opening to a little shed that holds supplies and provides shelter to the person selling the Christmas trees. The people managing this are members of the Lions Club of Vienna, Virginia. I wondered what the Lions Club was and I find they are a worldwide community service association started in Chicago in 1915. The tree sales raise funds for Lions service projects.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 8" x 6", December 3, 1998. 


No comments: