Thursday, November 5, 2020

CVS Construction Site 1998

 


I love to draw construction sites. The complexity of the patterns of metal frameworks and horizontal floors satisfies me. At one point many years ago I considered becoming an architect but I heard that architects don't get jobs easily. This site is a CVS pharmacy and general store near me, which was under construction in winter when there was no snow or ice. I sat in my car doing the drawing, something I found that many artists do who want to work on-site in winter. There's construction all over my town but no place to park safely to do a drawing. This building is still going strong; I shop there often at "West Falls Plaza."

Colored pencils on sketchbook page, 4" x 5", January 31, 1998. Some of the left side has been cut off because I couldn't get the image to fit.

No comments: