Sunday, August 30, 2020

Chattanooga Downtown 1993

 


This sketch was done while I was in Chattanooga, Tennessee for "Libertycon," which was held there in July of 1993. I used to go to that convention a lot because I had many fan friends down South and also it was a good market for space art. This 1993 Libertycon was not a good one for me, though. It was when I realized that I would never be a big time fantasy and s.f. artist and I was miserable having nothing to show for myself. So I cried a lot at this con. My friends took me out of the convention and brought me downtown where I drew this and then we went to the Tennessee Aquarium on the riverfront, all of which was better fun for me than failing at a convention.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 7 1/2" x 5", July 9, 1993.

No comments: