Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Red MidCentury Modern

 


This came out a lot better than I thought it would. I wanted the "frieze" shape with a line of squares, but then I decided to improvise with pre-made shapes in Photoshop layers. I also used only two colors (white doesn't count, it's background printed page) that is, red and black. I'm influenced here by that mid-century modern space art book I showed you some weeks ago. These reds are also a preview of my "Color of the Year" which I choose as a theme. 2020's color is a bluish grey - green and I'm still working with it. I've chosen my "Color of the Year" since the beginning of my written journal in 1968. Yes, that's 1968, not 1998. You can expect more digital art from the By-Product as I run out of sketchbook pages to present. 

Photoshop, 8" x 2", August 11, 2020.

No comments: