Friday, August 7, 2020

Honda Dealers 1998


























Sketching is a great thing to do when your car is in repair or inspection. The dealers let me stay at the table with my sketchbook and occasionally they come by to see how the drawing is progressing. They still want to sell me a car. This sketch was made at a Honda dealership in northern Virginia, where I bought and brought my pewter-grey Civic wagon, which unfortunately is no longer made. I'm still driving a Civic, but it's bright blue and has limited cargo space even for a hatchbsck. OK for only city driving, but I miss the orange Honda Element van which I drove for eleven years before its tragic demise in a crash.

The new updated Blogger ate my last caption so let's see if they let this little bit through.

Black ink and colored pencils on sketchbook page, 5" x 5", May 4, 1998.

No comments: