Friday, June 13, 2008

Starbucks Carousel



The carousel came to Starbucks yesterday, thanks to me and my acrylic markers. I used to decorate the coffee board on a number of local Starbuckses, but current Starbucks corporate policies no longer permit non-employees from decorating Starbucks signs. This one, though, is run by a manager who is a friend, and a district manager who doesn't mind if something a bit "different" happens in one of her stores as long as it enhances the customers' good experience. So I can still do art here, and I am paid in coffee and other goodies. I had an "audience" of fascinated customers while I did this work. 

1 comment:

Mike (Altus) said...

>> I had an "audience" of fascinated customers while I did this work.

Maybe that's because you're a very talented artist. :) I think you're too hard on yourself when it comes to your art.
That's cool that despite the "corporate policy", you're still able to do your art there.