Monday, July 14, 2008

Dominique Statue Sketch



I'm still working on re-creating Ayn Rand's "Temple of the Human Spirit." This is a very quick sketch that I did in Photoshop showing the pedestal and the goddess-like statue of Dominique. This version is the one where I had her with one foot in front of the other, as if she were walking or about to dance. But I think that a solid, feet-apart frontal stance was what Rand was probably thinking of. Stay tuned.
Reading Rand always makes me full of ideas and yearning for the "heroic" and "greatness" in my art. I don't care how ridiculous this makes me sound.


3 comments:

TheArchitect said...

This is a great representation of this statue...I love it.

Great job.

Virag Padalkar said...

Nicely done

Devi Charan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.