Saturday, July 2, 2016

Dame in Blue


I did this drawing an eon ago. It was probably fan art for the Baltimore Worldcon in 1998, and I have the vague notion that it was an ad for the Costume Show. I have a lot of vague notions these days. I found this copy of the drawing in one of my many image archives and seeing that it was simply drawn I colored it in Photoshop. This is the kind of coloring that comic book illustrators use. The drawing has to be rendered in a careful way so that the shape and edge-finder tools of Photoshop can fill them cleanly with color. If your drawing is too complicated, Photoshop makes mush out of it. And no one wants mushy art. I like these blue colors together. 1998 was a long time ago. 

Ink drawing, colored in Photoshop (not on the Cintiq which is deployed in my art studio), 4 1/2" x 5 1/2", sometime in 1998.

No comments: