Sunday, July 3, 2016

Kubota Excavator


I found this beauty parked in my apartment complex's dumpster area. This Kubota excavator is fresh and hardly used, with only a bit of dirt on its shovel and trackers. It must be someone's pride and joy, it would certainly be mine if I owned it. Look at the jazzy ventilation openings in the orange engine area. It's so stylish. They didn't have to make them that shape but they did. The design features of this machine are aimed at the kind of guys (yes, only guys) who also buy (or wish they could buy) and ride fantastic Japanese motorbikes with their manga-style brilliant colored frames. I wonder how much one of these babies costs. And, my true sentiment, I WANNA PLAY WITH IT. Could I dig too?

Dig we must. Kubota original drawing is black tech pen ink on sketchbook page, colored in Photoshop, 4 1/2" x 5", July 2, 2016.

No comments: