Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Crockery


I've returned from my short vacation with friends in Central Virginia. The bed 'n' breakfast that I frequent is decorated in Victorian style, with lots of flowery printed fabric and wooden floors. Every room has a theme and color, and the rooms are accented with antiques, like this pitcher and bowl. Back in those days, people washed up with the pitcher of water and the bowl, but thankfully now the rooms are equipped with baths like modern hotel rooms. I stayed in two different rooms, the "Blue Willow" room and the "Rose Room." As an artist I must dutifully depict crockery now and then. This set was rose-red ornamentation on off-white china. 

Blogging resumes now with Post Number 3,000 soon to come! 

Original drawing in black and brown tech pen and marker ink, about 2" x 3", August 29, 2017.

No comments: