Sunday, September 17, 2017

Fall Festival at Falls Church


The Fall Festival and "Taste of Falls Church" is held in mid-September and is always fun to go to. You buy tickets and then exchange them for tasting-size small platters of food cooked by local restaurants. I especially enjoyed the "Panang Curry" Thai chicken dish served over rice. After my tasting I set up Prince Charles' foldable throne and drew these scenes of the fair. There was a big crowd this year and an excellent Latin band playing. The fair also featured jewelry, crafts, trinkets, toys, and civic causes and worthy organizations. This is the second time I've taken my folding art chair on site and it continues to do well although holding it as I wander through a milling crowd of people is sometimes awkward. And sometimes I ended up poking people with it even if they didn't know it was me so I had to apologize for something not quite conscious. The best way to carry the chair is to hold it vertically by the handles sort of like a walking stick, or horizontally by one of the aluminum structural tubes like a photographer's tripod. Some outdoors chairs have a carrying strap you can wear like a backpack sling, perhaps I could contrive that. Anyway when the chair was on the ground it was pleasingly stable and artworthy. I drew this eater in front of the "Original Corn Roast" machine but he was eating frozen yogurt, not roast corn. I didn't try the corn either. 

There was no By-Product yesterday I'm sorry to say due to a failure at the "Blogger" site. It's all fixed now.

Black technical pen ink on sketchbook page, foliage and corrections in Photoshop. 4 1/2" x 8", September 16-17, 2017.

No comments: