Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Dental Cityscape 1998


I did this drawing under unusual circumstances. I was undergoing dental work at the time. The dentist did his job and then had to wait for some important ingredient to solidify. While this was happening I asked for my glasses and sketchbook, and looked out to our view in the upper floors of an office high-rise. I drew this view of the heavily built-up cityscape while the dentist and his assistants looked on, expressing amazement. Well it was no big deal, I don't draw with my mouth after all. I still work with the same dentist after more than twenty years and he would remember this.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 8" x 4", December 21, 1998. Click for a larger view.

2 comments:

Renee Yurovsky said...

Thanks for taking the time to share this wonderful post with us. This was amazing that you drew this while getting dental work done and twenty years later and still remembers. HAve a great rest of your day.
Dentist Philadelphia

c said...

that is a great drawing sometimes we have to draw teeth at dentist northeast philadelphia