Friday, April 12, 2019

Honda Waiting Room Cafe


I took my Honda Civic, nicknamed the "Electron," for regular maintenance on April 11. Honda is good to their customers. They have a pleasant waiting room for both parents and kids, including a glassed-in playpen and a snack bar selling sandwiches, chips, beverages, and as you see here, ice cream treats in a refrigerated bin. I didn't partake of any of these but I did draw them, as sketching always beats boredom. There are two images on this page, one being the table and chairs and the other is the ice cream bin. A large flat screen TV beams lurid politics from CNN. A Honda service person took a toy from the playpen and put it on one of the cafe chairs for me to draw. It took them two hours to refresh the Electron but now it's in fine shape after a year of city driving. 

Sepia brown tech pen on sketchbook page, 5" x 8", April 11, 2019.

No comments: