Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Alexandria Waterfront


My friends pried me out of my studio and brought me to a favorite relaxation spot in Alexandria, Virginia. It is a park, or series of parks, on the banks of the Potomac, with plenty of places to sit, run, walk the dog, or just hang out. For me, that's drawing and here is my waterfront sketch page. I drew the wood plank water deck and the river in the background. Then I drew some Canada Geese as this watery space is attractive to birds. A Canada Goose tucks its head under its wing for a bit of a nap balanced on one foot. There were also turtles paddling around in the water. The weather was ideal and we also enjoyed watching airplanes coming in to land at National Airport, just a mile or so away.

Sepia brown tech pen on sketchbook page, 5" x 8", September 17, 2019.

No comments: