Thursday, November 26, 2020

My View in Cambridge

 


I drew this streetscape from the front porch of my house in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in 1984. The vintage sketches I will be showing you will be mostly from the mid and later '80s. Depicted here is the intersection of Hammond Street, where I lived, and Howland Street, perpendicular to Hammond. The car that you see parked there is actually a sports car, possibly a Dodge Charger. It was lemon yellow and belonged to the little old lady who lived across the street from me. She only used it to tool around the city doing errands or looking for yard sales on weekends. She never drove it fast and I often wondered how such a mild person came into such a prized possession. 

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 5 1/2" x 8", August 27, 1984. Click on image for larger view.

No comments: