Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Pimmit Garden

 


"Pimmit Hills" is the name of the general area I live in. The "Pimmits" were a family of white settlers who owned this land including the stream, "Pimmit Run" where I live. The neighborhood is thickly settled with small houses, built originally in 1950 for GI's and their families returning from the war. Most of these have been rebuilt or built onto and these re-worked houses have lots of gardens around them such as this one. It must have taken a lot of work to create this. I had a garden when I lived in Cambridge, Mass. many years ago but once I moved to Pimmitland I couldn't have a real dirt garden and had to settle for potting soil in containers. This image was done on site with no resistance from the inhabitants. Nowadays it's harder to do that, because they think I am trying to rob their house.

Brown ink and colored pencils on sketchbook page, 4 1/2" x 6 1/2", June 3rd, 1998.

No comments: