Sunday, January 3, 2021

Random Heads

I like living in the city and being an "Urban Sketcher." The city is full of people and I can draw them without their knowing I'm drawing them. In the Before Times I could sit at a restaurant or coffee shop and make ink snapshots of my fellow eaters. I hope someday to sit there again. As you remember from earlier postings on this Blog, I like to do little portraits - in fact I almost made it the theme before I decided on plants. My ambition is to make the best likeness and the clearest image with the minimum of lines. This urban sketch is from 1984. It looks like I had recently replaced my tech pen with a fresh new one. Just because I did the same stuff 37 years ago doesn't mean I can't do it now. And, keeping with the plant theme, some of my portraits will have cabbage and broccoli heads.

Black tech pen, 4 1/2" x 7 1/2", fall 1984.

1 comment:

TLW said...

Sounds like a rock band name!