Monday, June 29, 2020

Fan Life: Ken


Science fiction fans have always been deceptive, in a good way. You see a guy dressed in old-pappy wear like this one, or a gal dressed in a witch costume, and you think they are out-of-time hippies or Deadheads or something like that. But they turn out to be top-ranked computer programmers or linguistics professors. I don't know what this friendly character did for a living, but I bet he was a techie of some sort. A brief Google search shows that he was trained as a lawyer but didn't practice. I also found that he died earlier this year, in January.
23 years ago, I drew his portrait. In memoriam Ken Newman, R.I.P.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 5" x 8", March 14, 1998.

1 comment:

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.