Friday, June 12, 2020

Washington Metro 1998



This is the thrilling (not) platform of the West Falls Church Metro station. The train will bring you to the District of Columbia. At least in 1998 it would do that. Nowadays it is so neglected and underfunded that you are barely able to stay on board not to mention waiting for the other rickety train to rattle by. I'm not fond of public transportation no matter how much urban planners think it's the ideal way to go.  They want bikes and Metro, I won't ride a bike in the winter ice(or anywhere) nor will I wait an hour for the bus to come by. Our area just isn't great for the car-less driver, even if you're only driving one mile. I'd better shut up about this before I get criticized for being un-social.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 5" x 8", March 6, 1998.

1 comment:

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.