Sunday, November 18, 2012

November Dragon colors


Here's the "November Dragon" all colored in. I'm reproducing the old ink and watercolor "storybook style" that I used to use back in the 1970s. I added a little marker work here and there to emphasize some lines. Back in the previous century I used Rapidograph pen as well as dip pen but I am not currently using the difficult and temperamental Rapidographs. With the advent of pigmented marker ink it is possible to use markers in a final piece without it fading away later on. I hope to show this piece at DarkoverCon next week.

Ink, watercolor, and acrylic border, about 10" x 7", November 2012.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Color realy makes this work! I love the face...may I make a few suggestions? First, the head seems more yellow/gold than the rest of him, you might want to add a bit more of that stronger yellow elsewhere on him. Second, his eye blends with the face alot...maybe a white highlight or changing the whites of his eyes to white would make it better?