Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November Dragon


I just finished inking this dragon drawing. I used a combination of brown ink, black ink, and pigmented brown ink markers. The dragon "species" is a traditional quadruped with wings and limbs high off the ground in a stance much more mammalian than reptilian. I present it here only in ink but I will be coloring it in and hopefully showing it at Darkovercon. I admit I've never been to Dragoncon, the huge media/everything SF and fantasy convention in Atlanta. At this moment I do not have enough suitable pieces to show at a big convention. 

"November Dragon" is ink on Fabriano illustration board, about 10" x 7", Novembeer 2012.

2 comments:

Tristan Alexander said...

I like the overall feel of this one. I am sure color will make it realy pop! Have you considred doing a Japanese style dragon?

Mike (Altus) said...

Very cool!