Saturday, May 30, 2015

Yellow Warbler


Just thought I'd do a little Photoshop doodle with a bird theme. The Yellow Warblers have left my area on their way north, but I can always do a graphic for them. They are bolder than other warblers and will perch on visible branches and sing loudly. I heard them in my back yard but didn't go searching for a visual contact because it was 1. well before dawn and still twilight dark 2. rich in bugs 3. in someone else's trees that I couldn't approach due to protective fences. The controversy, if it is one, is just what counts as "seeing" or sighting a bird. If it is identified only by sound, have you really "seen" it? I say, being an old-time birdwatcher, that you have to both hear and have a sure visual sighting and identification of the bird. With warblers all that is harder because they are so elusive, and their songs are very squeaky, though loud. A really good birdwatcher can identify migrating warblers by song alone. I can identify some of them, like the Yellow, but not others. 

Photoshop, 7" x 7", May 30, 2015.

No comments: