Saturday, November 21, 2015

Unboxing the Cintiq


I sleep by day and work by night, most days. My sleep/wake pattern resembles a cat or a fox rather than a human being. I have been lucky throughout my life that jobs I have had allowed for this type of schedule. Most people would only do this if they had to but I seem to do it naturally, as did my father before me. He would work on his music all night long until dawn. People think that my schedule is horrifying or at best LAZY and also creepy because in the winter I barely see daylight what with the sun setting at 4 PM. I am not a vampire fan. I was just born this way.

However, I get quite a lot of (art) work done and I expect that the use of the highly portable Cintiq will allow me to get even more done because I can use it anywhere, even on a pile of laundry. Here you see the interesting abstract patterns made by the unfolded cardboard supports from the Cintiq's box.

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 7 1/2" x 4 1/2", November 21, 2015.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

I have the same natural schedule, but have been forced to sleep (or try to) at night and be awake during the day (and I AM a Vampyre). LOL, anyway I know I would get a lot more art done if I was sleeping days and awake at night.
The sketch has a real abstract look to it, even though it is a real object the shapes and how you chose to pose it has a real abstract feel.