Saturday, February 11, 2017

Visionary Frame


I have a British online friend, a composer and writer whose prose and notes are some of the trippiest compositions I've read since my New Age/Grateful Dead period. Every so often he sends me and his fans a new prose poem accompanied by music (or the other way around) which seems to arise from a visionary experience which I believe is achieved without chemical assistance. I've been reading some Doctor Strange comics which are also filled with visionary material (Haven't seen the movie yet). So I decided to put some of my friend's weird prose to sequential art or frame drawing in the style of Doctor Strange. Danger: This is experimental material. Not meant for publication. Updates will arrive on an unknown schedule. The other British guy, Kabbalah cover art client, is higher priority.

Sepia brown and black markers on sketchbook page, colored in Photoshop, 8" x 3", February 11, 2017.

No comments: