Monday, November 13, 2017

"Mother and Daughter" Lamp


I finally got a new floor lamp for my studio, replacing the expensive one that broke down a few weeks ago. It is a Home Depot stock item, and it is touchingly called the "Mother and Daughter Lamp," inspired by the larger and smaller lights on the same pole. Assembling Mother and Daughter was quite a difficult job, but after two hours I had my two-generational housemates standing up and beaming. This drawing commemorates the work, the light, and the packing materials strewn about the studio floor. The books are everywhere but the smallest case in the back contains jars of signmaking paint. In the lower right is the glowering styrofoam eye that once kept the mother and daughter safe. Light's on, folks!

Black tech pen ink and marker, 5" x 7", November 13, 2017. This is the last drawing in my 2015-2017 sketchbook. Another one is already in use. 

"Texchanchan:" The Philosopher is a minor character in the text. I've taken the mid-70s original text and buried it in a cabinet somewhere. I'd rather not show something from that far back in my creative life. I have plenty more texts and stories to read. Please contact me privately if you are interested.

1 comment:

Texchanchan said...

We need a floor lamp real bad...I wonder if that one would do. I'll have to go take a look.