Thursday, January 25, 2018

Fabbioli Cellars winter landscape


You may have noticed a lack of winery art on the By-Product this winter. Well, some of it is due to winter logistics avoiding ice and bad weather. Other factors are my Wine Team members moving house, and the accident that destroyed my Orangemobile. This serene scene was started in December at a winery visit to Fabbioli Cellars near Leesburg, VA. It was too cold to draw outdoors so I did only a line drawing of the view for coloring later. This is "later" and I finally got a chance to add in the colors and textures. There are vines in this view and they are all winter brown. However there are already early birds considering nesting, and I saw a family of bluebirds there. Fabbioli is especially good for bird watching. You can't beat birds and wine, although the winter can for a while.

Tech pen sepia brown ink and colored pencils on sketchbook page, 7" x 6", December 2017 - January 2018. Click for larger view.

No comments: