Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Clearing Out 2006


I'm still and ever trying to reduce the house clutter and packed materials in my closets. This pile is, as you can see, from 2006. During 2006, this stuff was interesting but 12 years later, in 2018 (Yikes, that late!) it isn't that enthralling, and will be respectfully discarded. Why did I keep the receipts for purchasing clothing and housewares? And I was busy spending bucks on art materials even more than I am now. In fact with all this digital stuff I spend much less on physical art materials, including paint. The two separate sketches you see above are of boxes soon to be removed, and packing materials, and my oriental rugs and big bookcase. There are other boxes to be gone through, too, including a large number of black and white photos of my family's stay in Europe in 1961-1962. I may submit these to professionals ("Legacybox" perhaps) and spend the money because I have had it with twisting myself painfully in front of the computer. I am hoping eventually I will be able to archive some of it, once it's all digitized. Well here's the Drawing of the Day, folks....are there any folks....?

Sepia tech pen on sketchbook page, 4 1/2" x 6 1/2", May 29, 2018.

2 comments:

Texchanchan said...

I haven't visited in a long time - sorry - need to make it a habit.

Texchanchan said...

When I started my organization project I had boxes and boxes of old receipts from utilities, veterinarians, and so on. Got rid of a room full of them and never looked back. If anybody ever wants to reconstruct my life in detail, they're out of luck.