Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Hospital Water Tower


This Asian-looking tower is at the hospital where I was treated. Any modern hospital has to have redundancy of resources in case of a disaster whether natural or human-caused. My hospital was top of the line when it came to resources and modern development. Nevertheless this structure reminded me of Indian or Central Asian religious architecture rather than a water tower. I was on the eleventh floor of the hospital and facing west so I could see a long way over lush summer trees. I also saw some glorious sunsets as the sun sank behind the dome. I spent my birthday, June 25, at the hospital where the staff all signed a printed piece of paper for me and brought me a little slice of chocolate cake.

Black gel pen on sketchbook page, 4" x 5", June 23, 2018.

No comments: