Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Rehab: The corridor


This is a rather wobbly drawing of the inside of the rehab home's corridor. I drew it while sitting in a wheelchair. The rooms open to right and left, and at the end of the corridor is the nurses' station and general administration, with two wheelchair-using patients under watch. Also at right is the pill wagon where medications are stored and dispensed. While drawing this image I was surrounded by staff members who found it fascinating. Some of them had artistic interests of their own and made comments on my sketch as I drew it. The upper level administrators also saw it and made copies of it on an office copier. I am told that this drawing will appear on the rehab facility's monthly newsletter.

Black gel pen on sketchbook page, 6" x 6", July 9, 2018.

No comments: