Monday, September 24, 2018

Geometrikon Autumn


When I do these Geometrika I am just doing sketches. They are not necessarily destined to be made into Fine Art Paintings. I could make some of them into finalized works of Art using "traditional" painting with acrylic paint on a board, but no one is rushing to commission any so I'm fine with just making them tiny pieces colored in digitally or with markers. If I made Real Paintings I would be stuck with them taking up space which I have already stuffed full of art and books and the family archives and everything else. I learned my lesson when I had to give away a houseful of beautiful but big and cumbersome paintings by my mother. People like my Geometrika and  I often wonder whether I should paint some up anyway and try to re-start a Fine Art Career but at this point I don't have the energy. Also, the people who would buy my art don't have any room in their homes either. So enjoy this digital rendering and expect a re-mix in markers in a day or two.

Marker linework digitally colored in Photoshop, 4 1/2" x 2 1/2", September 24, 2018.

No comments: