Monday, October 29, 2018

Horton Vines and wine castle


Horton Vineyards is one of my favorite wine establishments. They have a delightful wine castle (see above) probably adapted from some old farm buildings and a silo. Horton serves more than fifty varieties in many different tasting programs. They grow exotic types of grapes as well as the usual ones. Horton also makes fruit and berry wines under the humorous rustic title of "Chateau Le Cabin." I've visited there a few times and always enjoyed it. 

The page you see here is a composite of photograph and drawing. I did the drawing last year sitting outside on a folding chair. That is a scan. The vines are a photograph which I took at the same session. I don't usually use photographs for my wine pages but this one looked so nice "as is" that I didn't want to waste my time copying it. These vines produce grapes whose variety originally came from Georgia - not the US state but the Central Asian country, which can truthfully claim to be the place where wine was first made.

Photoshop and drawing composite, 8 1/2" x 11", October 2018.

No comments: