Thursday, July 25, 2019

Art Model two poses 1975


I ran out of space on the figure to the left, so this is what you get. My life drawings from 1975 are all rather small anyway which is easier for me to draw in a notebook. The art instructors were always trying to get us students to draw on larger size paper, like a tabloid newspaper.  And we were supposed to use charcoal or some other messy medium to draw with. When we were dismantling the old house in Massachusetts we found my old student drawings on large paper with graphite or charcoal. The mold had gotten to them and we had to throw them out. My mother produced literally hundreds of life drawings using pastel on colored paper and the best of these survived and were given to collectors.

Pencil on sketchbook page, 7" x 11", 1975.

No comments: