Monday, November 25, 2019

Pink Protozoa


My "Arteza" brush pen marker set came with an overload of pinks and purples, probably to appeal to children. The rest of the set are colors from "reality" such as blues, browns, or leafy greens, but what do I do with a large collection of pink and purple? Unless I am depicting a lot of flowers, how would I use them? The answer is to connect it with abstract design not necessarily geometric. These designs are inspired by protozoa, tiny creatures from pond water that I used to collect and examine under the microscope. There are more designs for protozoa that I can possibly use and in fact this will be the theme of my 2020 creative sketchbook, fantastic creatures both tiny or large, excepting dragons which I have already worked on. And many of these critters are bright shades of pink.

Markers and Photoshop, 7 1/2" x 9", November 2019.

No comments: