Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Renee the cat 1996


After the Worldcon I spent a few days with my fan friends, including this cat who was named "Renee." We made friends and she put her paw on me to show that. She stood still enough to get a nice view for me. The scribbling above is a short demo I did on drawing and perspective for my hosts. Whenever someone sees me doing sketchy things, they want to know how I do it so I do a mini-demonstration. I drew a simulation of 3-D drawing. For a can or cylinder, if you see it straight on it's a rectangle, but if you see it tilted it's a pair of ovals, one at the top and one at the bottom. The jumble in the middle is a pile of crumpled laundry.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, September 2, 1996. Drawn somewhere in the Los Angeles area.

No comments: