Friday, July 17, 2020

California Landscapes 1998


The religious group's meeting took place in Burlingame, a fancy ritzy suburb of San Francisco. The old convent was surrounded by beautiful gardens, and for this East Coaster the birdwatching was great. Every bird I saw except common ones like starlings or sparrows was new to me! There were hawks, hummingbirds, finches, and woodpeckers, all of which I could now place on my "life list." I also managed to draw these two little drawings in my sketchbook.

Unfortunately, I was suffering badly from a mouth or tooth infection which was very painful. I only kept it tolerable by taking lots of Aleve pain reliever. I wanted to go home but I decided to stay at the meeting anyway. 

Colored pencils on sketchbook page, 6" x 2", July 11, 1998.

No comments: