Monday, July 20, 2020

My Kitchen Window



I got myself back home still in severe pain, and dashed to the clinic, then to the dentist on an emergency Saturday visit. The X-ray scan revealed nothing out of the ordinary but they judged
my affliction to be an infection and gave me antibiotics, and soon the pain began to abate. A few months later the infection was discovered at another dentist visit and after a root canal operation it was, I guess you could say "normalized." And that's all I want to say about dental woes.

This domestic still life is still pretty much what my kitchen window still looks like, 22 years later. You see colorful cleaning products, a spice shelf, the dishwasher, and colored glass on the windowsill. Out the window are the fresh green trees of early summer. There are two plants on this windowsill that are long gone in my current era.

Brown tech pen and colored pencils, 4" x 6", May 30, 1998.

No comments: