Sunday, July 5, 2020

NoRuz Re-blog from 1998 to 2019


This 1998 drawing is "re-blogged" from March 23, 2019. It depicts the offerings and the fire urn at a Zoroastrian ceremony celebrating the Persian New Year. On the floor altar, designated by oriental rugs, are ritual objects such as fire-tending tools and a twig of sandalwood for the fire There are also traditional foods such as creamy sweets, cakes, nuts, and fruits. I'm re-blogging this because I didn't look to find it in the archives and my 1998 sketchbook. I'l try not to do too much re-blogging but it's kind of difficult to find it in the search widget after almost 4000 entries. I want to keep giving you fresh and unique art and by-products for your entertainment. 

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", re-blogged March 23, 2019 from a drawing done March 21, 1998.

No comments: