Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cauliflower Cloud


Summer weather is here. What other people find stifling, I find heavenly. The sky was full of the giant cumulus clouds which are sometimes called "cauliflower clouds" because they look like the familiar vegetable. Under the cauliflower cloud is a thunderstorm, but not a big one because only a few miles away you are in sunlight, looking at the weather action from the side. I did this picture from memory, because I was not able to sit down with my iPad and do the image on site. But my visual memory's pretty good, so here's your vegetable storm.

Photoshop with Wacom "Bamboo" tablet, about 7 1/2" x 3", June 17, 2013.

1 comment:

Rae Trigg said...

I like the image of a cauliflower cloud - a 'vegetable storm' indeed! The drawing is very reminiscent of a hot summer day.