Sunday, October 5, 2014

Autumn Wine Lodge


I just finished this after a lot of long delays. This is a portrait of a wine lodge at a nearby winery. The owners, seeing me sketching while sipping their wine, commissioned me to do a portrait of their newly-built tasting room and event area. This cozy wooden building was created by a team of Amish builders and features re-purposed antique wood. The kitchen is to the right and the main room with the wine bar is at center with the porch. Underneath, sheltered by the earth, is the wine cellar. 

The clients specified that their portrait have colorful autumn leaves so I am finishing it just in time. I'll specify which winery it is once they have seen it and approved it.

Ink and watercolor on Fabriano illustration board, 15" x 12 1/2", October 2014. Click on the image for a larger view. This is the first professional work I've done at my new refurnished art space.

2 comments:

Tristan Alexander said...

Very nice, I am sure they will love it!

Mike (Altus) said...

The colours really pop. I love the shading in the trees too. Beautiful work. :)