Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mid-Century Blue


Here I am again, bringing back that chic Mid (20th) Century Modern to the blogworld. I found myself needing an authentic current art piece for the By-Product, rather than the dusty sheets of faded 1990s art I've been working through. So I went to the markers in the plastic disc and a circle template, and here ya go, a bit of charm. Of course it doesn't stop in the 1960s as this is a "hybrid" piece finished in Photoshop. Y'know this wouldn't be half bad as a large wall-sized canvas but I don't have a slick commercial patron or a celebrity to commission it. Meanwhile I struggle with an annoying dental problem which is keeping me from schlepping up to Boston to resume the clearing of the pestiferous old family house. Until that's taken care of I won't be running anywhere just yet. You didn't need to know that but there it is for now.

"Mid-Century Blue" is markers on sketchbook page, colors added in Photoshop, 6 1/2" x 5", May 7, 2016.

No comments: