Monday, May 2, 2016

Snack at Starbucks


In the future, we will drink coffee out of little portable covered paper cups and eat our lunch in the form of a peanut-flavored protein bar in a plastic wrapper. Well here it is, my early evening snack when I creep out of my studio for my one glimpse at the real world, although Whole Foods does not qualify as the "real world." It's an Atkins bar, which is supposed to be nutritious but also contains somewhat dangerous artificial sweetener. I have long since come to the conclusion that any food except colorful vegetables and white meat chicken or tuna is bad for me. That's good food, sure, but I would get tired of it all the time. I can have all the broccoli and almonds I want, which is not all that much. I have been waiting for "People Vittles," a package of chewy, tasty, nutritious snacking that resembles what we feed our privileged cats. This bar is almost there. The low-carb protein bar is made for people who want to lose weight, or who are just too damn lazy to prepare their own snacks. As for the coffee, that's a double espresso macchiato from the worshipful Starbucks, a concoction sometimes referred to as "productivity in a cup." Despite drinking it, I was not very Productive today, not to mention hearing ominous crackling noises coming out of the electrical wall outlet that my Cintiq was plugged into. Pull the plug. The Cintiq gives an almost human sigh as I dismiss Windows 10, and goes dark.

Black tech pen and grayscale markers on sketchbook page, some Photoshoppage on the border, 4" x 4 1/2", May 1, 2016.

2600 posts here on the By-Product since March 2008. I don't know what that means, but it must mean something.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

On a cartoon series, I saw this advertised as Bachelor Chow. Unless they improved them recently, I would not eat an Atkins Bar unless I was on one of their diets. While weight was lost while on this system, I found myself craving carbs to the exclusion of all other food. Once you are craving plainly cooked white rice, you have truly struck bottom.