Sunday, October 8, 2017

Archival Pumpkin Spice


It's Pumpkin Spice Time again, which I admit is not my favorite flavor nor my favorite time of year. This is what my commercial art used to look like when I was not doing it for Trader Joe's. I used to decorate advertising panels for local Starbuckses. I didn't get paid but I could get any coffee drink I wanted for free. This one is based on Indian and Persian paisley designs. The elaborate design attracted many customers and compliments. Trader Joe's wanted a much simpler style as can be seen on the earlier years of this Blog.

I just realized that many of my best commercial and fine pieces were never published on "Art By-Products." They were published on "Electron Blue," my original blog, which is now replaced by the not-very-active "Electron Blue 3." The  Electron ran from 2004 to 2008. If you are interested in studying mathematics and science, you may be amused or even encouraged by my accounts of my self-teaching struggles. I replaced it by the By-Product which does not usually deal with mathematics and science. The By-Product, as advertised, started in 2008 and here we still are. Seems like no time at all. Rather than grub about in my archives, there are plenty of saved images in the blogs of the past for you to enjoy here on the By-Product.

Liquid chalk sign markers on metallic panel, about 24" square, September 2006.

1 comment:

Texchanchan said...

Super beautiful edge. I hope you got lots of coffee for that.

Reminds me of something art/restaurant-related that happened to my brother. He went to a breakfast place in Austin called the Omelettry and drew a large cartoon showing the place, clientele (an interesting bunch), staff, and the eats, and gave it to them. They were highly amused and hung it up. Next time he went there, a year or so later, they were selling T-shirts with the cartoon on them. No permission requested.