Monday, October 30, 2017

Gryphon


The Griffin, sometimes spelled "Gryphon," is one of my favorite mythical creatures. It is built from a combination of many different animals. This Gryphon appears to be built of both bird, moth, and mammalian elements. Gryphons are fierce and brave which is why J.K. Rowling created House Griffindor, that is "Griffin d'Or" or in French "Golden Griffin." Let me say right now that I am a Harry Potter fan and I am determinedly of House Ravenclaw. No fantasy test has ever placed me anywhere else. One thing I have noticed in the "Potter" tales is that I haven't seen any art or music at Hogwarts. It must be there, though.

Black tech pens inks on sketchbook page, 4 1/2" x 5", October 30, 2017.

1 comment:

Texchanchan said...

No art or music. That's very curious. I read the whole series three times in a row once and didn't notice. BTW I come out practically even on Ravenclaw (slightly higher), Griffindor, and Hufflepuff...fortunately lower on Slytherin.