Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The Ideal Room


Here's another example of the illustrations I did for "The Architectural Art" when I worked there. As I explained earlier, these pictures were group efforts and each person did a separate job. In this case, I was handed the line art design which was already on paper, and I copied it and did the color rendering. The furniture was already there but I chose the color schemes. I like the green quilt on the bed and the green curtains to match. I wanted a warm, inviting look for a room that could be in an upscale hotel or bed 'n' breakfast. It isn't perfect like a computer rendering, but I wanted a more "natural" look. This illustration was used as a sample and was not an image of an actual room.

Original image is watercolor over printed drawing, about 9" x 4", 1990. Printed on textured paper. Click on image for a larger view.

No comments: