Monday, August 6, 2018

Crescent Street Cambridge 1984


Artist's blurb: I lived in Cambridge, Massachusetts for 12 years during the 1980s. For most of those years I lived a very bohemian life in an old house just one street away from Harvard Divinity School. I worked on art commissions and book covers, sold art at science fiction conventions, and did a lot of sketching. I often drew the houses and trees of my picturesque urban neighborhood. 

This image is of backyards and fences on Crescent Street in Cambridge. The inkwork was done on site and it was colored in the studio. I love these old wooden houses and wish there were more of them to draw here in Metro DC. Many still exist but it is hard to find a spot to draw from.

Brown tech pen ink and watercolor, 5 1/2" x 8", August 22, 1984.

No comments: