Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Geometrika tiles black and white


Here's a multiple Geometrikon in the form of a series of tiles. These are not real tiles of ceramic or wood, they're just designs. I plan to do three versions of this set: one in black and white (this one), one in digital coloring, and the third colored by hand. I won't rotate it, this is what you get for all three. I was inspired to do these designs by the heraldic devices of my neo-medieval friends who pitched white tents decorated in their coats of arms at the "Pennsic" fair and gathering. I also remember a peculiar building way long ago, a small exhibition hall on the banks of the Charles River in Allston, Massachusetts. It was decorated in black and white geometry similar to this. The date was in the late 1950s - mid-century modern for sure and I'd love to find it again somewhere though it no longer exists.

Marker drawing with digital tinting, 3 1/2" x 5 1/2", August 15, 2018.

No comments: