Monday, January 13, 2020

More Kitchen Bits


Though Still Life Time is officially over, there are still plenty of kitchen and domestic scenes to depict. Here is an arrangement of ceramic, glass, paper, wood, cloth, metal, and the plastic microwave oven. So many materials to create kitchen bits! This also shows the level of clutter in my home space. But...I use these things every day. Why not leave them where they are, once I have washed them. This place is not an ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST Celebrity Home. 

The conical ceramic cup was created by ceramics artist Carolyn Jelts, in my original home town, Natick, Massachusetts. It has an unusual bright purple glaze on its top half, and the lower half is "natural" white ceramic. I bought it from Carolyn at an arts fair in Natick. I needed to give her credit.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 5 1/2" x 5", January 13, 2020.

No comments: