Monday, January 4, 2010

Skyways




This (relatively) new Adobe CS4 is a whiz to use. It actually does what I ask it to do without seizing up or delaying. And it's a lot of fun to explore. This image, which took about an hour to paint, is my attempt at doing one of those abstract futuristic spacescapes that the California concept artists (scroll down the blog pages for more of this guy's amazing work) toss off so easily. I also need to work on digital paintings of human figures and character designs. It's all By-Product!

"Skyways" is Photoshop CS4, 7" x 10" virtual size.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ooh...

I like the colors and the whole "urban sunset" feel. Very Blade Runner.

It also reminds me of certain fractal images I've seen. Have you ever played with fractal generators? As an artist and a mathematics fan, I would think they'd be right up your alley.